Pharmax HLC Maternity 30 capsules
• Intestinal support with proprietary strains
• Utilizes human-sourced, non-pathogenic proprietary strains that provide strong epithelial adherence and a naturally high tolerance to stomach acid
• Probiotics temporarily modify gut flora (1)
• Supports pregnant women
• Unique consortium of proprietary strains
Healthy intestinal bacteria are just as important to infants as to adults. Modern living may inhibit gut flora balance post birth. Thus the acquisition of a beneficial flora potential in the newborn can be significantly enhanced if the mother also takes a probiotic during pregnancy. Additionally, probiotics will help support the intestinal function of the mother during the pregnancy period.
References: 1. NHPD. Live Microorganisms (Probiotics) Monograph. June 2012.
Additional product info: HLC Maternity includes probiotics clinically proven for the prevention of atopy in infants
• In the clinical trial entitled “Probiotics and atopic eczema: a double-blinded randomised controlled trial”, pregnant women from 36 weeks gestation and their infants to age 6 months took daily a probiotic consisting of two strains of lactobacilli and two strains of bifidobacteria. Most infants had a first degree relative with atopy. The probiotic reduced the frequency of atopic eczema and atopic sensitisation and promoted a Th1 orientation of the immune system. The authors concluded that lactobacilli and bifobacteria when administered to pregnant women and infants age 6 months, reduced the frequency of atopy.(2)
References: 2. SJ Allen, S Jordan, M Storey, et al. Probiotics and atopic eczema: a double-blind randomised controlled trial. Arch Dis Child 2012 97: A2.
Other ingredients: hypromellose, maltodextrin